We use GitHub as the heart of our project, the community collaboration, code hosting, code reviews, CI and more happen there.
🖊️ Account creation
We suggest using your private GitHub account, just request the tool owner from above to send you access to our GitHub organization.
Why my personal account?
Relayed is all about the developer community, and you are part of it first, only then you are working on it full time. We suggest using the personal account for easy integration with GitHub Desktop and the other ecosystem. If you are an open-source contributor you can easily handle your open-source work without the need to change accounts all the time.
Will GitHub notifications go to my personal email?
If using your personal GH account you can configure email notification about the relayed project to go to your work email account. Check out the video guide from @Dima Grossman on how to configure this:
2 Factor authentication
It is mandatory to use 2FA with this tool. Setup your account 2FA here.
🧰 How do we use it?
Our touchpoints with the community are in multiple areas of GitHub:
- Issues - this is where community members can create bug reports, feature requests, or other queries about the project.
- Discussions - This is where free discussion can happen.
- Pull-requests/Code Review - This is where we can review ours and the community work and approve changes.
- Create a good looking GitHub account
- Download GitHub Desktop to visually manage Git commands
- Checkout the GH CLI tool, to easily interact with GitHub from your terminal
The GitHub mobile app
GitHub recently released an amazing native mobile app. It’s a great way to write a quick comment or review a PR on the go. The app itself is very intuitive with a great interface for most GitHub.com interactions.